The war between north and south and its impact upon the american culture

I. LIFE IN THE ANTEBELLUM PERIOD
I.1. A Growing and Changing Population
I.2. Two Frontiers for an Expanding Population
I.3. Farming in the Antebellum Period
I.4. The Growth of Manufactures
I.5. Revolutions in Transportation and Communication
I.6. A Land of Opportunity?
I.7. Family, School, and Asylum: Shaping American Character
I.8. Cultural Conflict and the Politics of Fear

II. NORTH AGAINST SOUTH
II.1. The course of Slavery
II.2. A House Divided
II.3. Civil War Begins

III. BLOODSHED
III.1. The Armies and Navies
III.2. The Tide Peaks and Ebbs

IV. RECONSTRUCTION

V.THE IMPACT OF THE CIVIL WAR UPON THE AMERICAN CULTURE
V.1. The American Spirit in Letters
V.2. The American Stage
V.3. The American Spirit in Painting
V.4. Architecture

VI. THE AGE OF SCIENCE

VII. CONCLUSION
Bibliografie

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu